August 17, 2010

Wet Feet

I've stated-several times-that I am on a new mission to write more.  I'm trying.  And failing.  Somewhat.  That's all beside the point.  I've also spent a lot of time getting my feet wet in the world of blogging lately.  And I've learned somethings.  (Just a few, mind you.  I have a LONG way to go.)  And as a result, I've been challenged to define my purpose in blogging.

In thinking through why I write, I've realized that I've been trying to use this blog to serve two purposes.  And that bothers me.  So, I've come up with a new solution.  I'm going to complicate my life by attempting to keep up with two blogs.

I was telling my mom this tonight, and she was grumbling that as a result, I was going to complicate her life because now she would have two blogs to keep up with.  But she might be the only one who cares!  :)  So... I'll risk it.

From this point forward, I plan to take this blog back to it's original purpose.  It will be solely for the sake of posting pictures and news on our family and the kids.  For all you far away family members who aren't on Facebook and want to see how our kids are growing and changing, stay tuned here!

For all of you who are just dying to read my ramblings and happen to think I am a fabulous word wizard, stay tuned!  I am in the process of creating a second blog-simply for the purpose of recording my rants and fulfilling my writing desires.  If you want to support the wannabe writer within me, follow me on that blog!  I'll give you the details soon.  (I'm still under construction at this time.  Ironic that the first thing you need to start a blog is a blog name, when I happen to think that's the hardest and most difficult part!  I hate titling things!)

There you have it!  At the risk of over-blogging, I am headed home right now (I'm at a local coffee shop that's eager to kick me out.  I think they've turned off the AC in an attempt to sweat me outta here) to do exactly as I said I would and to find some less than stellar pictures of Sophia's fifth birthday to share.
  

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You know I'll be reading! Call/write if you want help brainstorming names!

~h

Related Posts with Thumbnails