August 3, 2010

Conversations to Remember

Last week, on one of my cherished nights "Off Duty," I spent some time exploring the world of blogging.  I have just become aware of how deep and vast that world is, and it kinda scares me.  I love it, but I am overwhelmed by how much time it can seem to take.  You could spend forever reading from one blog to the next.  I'm all about learning great mom tips and tricks, but man alive, it could consume a person if you let it.

Anyway, as I am just beginning to get my feet wet into this new world, I frequently find myself musing about how these moms find time to do it all.  Clean house, well-behaved kids, families on the go, organization beyond my wildest dreams, all the while blogging about all of it.

So I made a goal to attempt to blog every day for two weeks and see what that would look like in my life.  HOW on earth to fit it all in?  I fairly recently started a list of writing topics I would love to explore "when I have time."  (Yeah, right, what was I thinking?)  But all of those things will take far more time than I have right now.  So, to make good on my goal for today, I leave you with some insights in our house over the past week.

A Conversation with Sophia:
In a public restroom at a park.  For the 5th time that day.  By 12:00.  Noon.

Me: "You have to go to the bathroom ALL the time!  Always!"
Sophia: "Yeah.  Because my brain is so small isn't it, Mommy?"
Me:  "I think you mean bladder, Sweetie!"

A Morning with Noah:
Who was recently stung by a bee for the first time.  Who is now VERY aware of bees.  Real and fake.  Photos and drawings.  Who asks lots of questions about bees' stingers.

Noah (while running around the house after Sophia):  "Ah.  It's my stinger!  I will sting you!"
Tim: "You are NOT a bee.  Pull your pants up and put that thing back in there."
Noah: "But it's my stinger!"

And there you have it folks.  A day in the life of a Nielson...

4 comments:

heidi said...

I know just what you mean about the abyss of blogging! I've resorted to posting 2-3 days a week on my personal blog and every 2-4 weeks on our family site.

It wasn't until last summer when I started my wonder woman blog that I saw how much time suckage there really could be in this hobby when you tie in the writing of your own and the reading of others - I'm sure you'll find a balance that works best for you. :)

I'm enjoying reading more from you for sure - and the stinger...oh. my. word! HA!!! Please write that in his baby book so he'll NEVER forget that one! classic!

Nicole said...

can't.stop.laughing! thanks for keeping it real :)

Katie said...

Hilarious!!

The Dierenfields said...

That is sooo funny! Yes, be sure to put that in the baby book!

Related Posts with Thumbnails