December 4, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time of Year

(Except for Summer. Let that be clear!)

Baby, it's cold outside! No joke.

And I am doing my best to not complain about it. No one likes a complainer. And you can only read so many Facebook posts about the weather before it gets old. AND, I'm from Minnesota. And proud of it. And therefore immune to cold because after all, no one knows cold like Minnesotans, right? As natives of the frozen tundra, we scoff at the top news stories proclaiming record breaking temps of -13 degrees. Coloradans still don't know real cold.

But as I keep reminding people, there is a reason I left Minnie.

But truth be told, there was something good for my soul in shoveling the driveway this morning in the magical winter wonderland. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! The light snow, cool air, the monotony of the shovel motions and the clang of the metal blade on the concrete, followed by hot chocolate and Christmas carols invigorated me, gave me cause to believe Christmas really is just around the corner, and most importantly transported me across decades and nearly a thousand miles like none other.

LOVE living in Colorado, but my heart still calls Minnesota home!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails