April 8, 2010

Crowns and Dresses

You may have heard me say that Noah needs a brother.  Watching him wrestle all through the church gym with a buddy of his may have helped convince me that his masculinity is not to be questioned, but it's conversations like the following that lead me to realize how influenced he is by his sister.

(After me singing "The Old Rugged Cross" at the kids' request for an Easter song at bedtime):
Sophia: Mommy, why is there a part about crowns in the song?
Me: Because God will give us crowns when we get to heaven.
Noah: Will God give me a dress, too?
Me: No, Noah, I don't think God will give you a dress.  Why?
Noah: Because you have to wear a dress with a crown.  Princesses wear crowns and dresses.

2 comments:

heidi said...

Ha, ha!

Hit those after Halloween sales for batman / spiderman (heck any kind of MAN) costumes. I did that this past year and those costumes have gotten soooo much use since then!

Also, Owen's gotten into playing Night in armor that with his neighbor girl friend princess.

The Ulferts said...

Oh man! Gotta love Noah's train of thought!!! I'm glad to know that Titus isn't the only one who likes to sing hymns before bed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails